Leave a Comment to win:
If you are a writer: I’ll make you a youtube book commercial for free if it’s contemporary romance.
If you are a reader: I’ll send you a $5 Amazon gift card. When the winner is chosen, tell me if you are a reader or a writer.
The only requirement to win giveaway will be for them to leave a name and an email to contact only if you win. This will not be entered into anything else. Name/Email for drawing only.
I do love youtube. I’m on there all the time, and I used to fan vid for shows I enjoyed. And I also believe most book trailers people do are way too slow. I tend to think of it like movies. If I can use video, I’d love it. With my own I’ve been stuck with pictures for now and it’s what I can do. However if I find a way to get decent priced stock videos, I’ll be in love. I’ll need ten days to complete after the author sends information. I don’t like wordy videos. So this free giveaway is a total experiment to work with someone new. This is an example of my work so far.
If you are a reader and prefer the gift certificate, no worries, easy and fast.
Now my Star Trek Into Darkness Review.
Okay I don’t have that guy screaming in agony voice of someone who lost his best friend, but halfway through the movie I understood the plot. I like the twists, but I am still not a fan of the JJ Abrams Trek verse.
1. Little children aren’t in hospitals because there are no more illnesses. McCoy thought our hospitals savage places, so why was that girl in the hospital.
2. Star Fleet people are stupid. No one picked up on the crazy general gearing up for war or building a new ship behind Jupiter? Seriously?
3. Again no one at Star Fleet Command knows how to run.
4. Ughh. Commander Spock isn’t the first alien anymore into the human fleet? I know AU. I’ll get over it. (AU is alternate reality.)
5. Again no one at Star Fleet Command has a clue. San Francisco is the capital of the whole fleet. Cadets. Other officers. Military people stationed at Command don’t get the whole terrorist to help the officer in hot pursuit? It’s like letting a criminal run around a military base and no one care he’s there.
It’s so clear JJ Abrams doesn’t get the Trek future when he does stuff like that. I miss Roddenbury’s awesomeness telling me that the world is not full of stupid people with the one exception to save the planet in a dystopian universe. Dad had me growing up here. I love the positive universe of Roddenbury. This is commercialized nonsense without a heart, and Chris Pine is cute but not funny.
I so wish a new Trek show was starting up on TV again in time for the 50th anniversary. Something that stays truthful to what I hold dear about Star Trek.
For dark, I can tune into Star Wars or the re-imagined BattleStar Galatica. Babylon 5 and quite a few other shows always hit me hard. (For romance I became a reader when Christine, a good friend still, shoved a book in my hand hoping I’d talk to her about historical romances of England instead of the future.
I’d give the new Star Trek movie 3 out of 5 star. It was okay. I’m glad I saw it. But it’s not memorable, not like the real Trekverse hit me.