When I was pregnant I had my ‘must write books of 2018’ and then my ‘want to write books of 2018. This fell into want as it wasn’t a House of Morgan book. But I wasn’t going to push myself when pregnant, but anyone who knows me also knows that’s a laugh. I’ve not mastered ‘taking it easy’ in life. So I made it through my must write books and began to pen my ‘want list.’ Both books this month were on the want list.
Hidden Michael was supposed to be a gothic romance. What it is instead is an action adventure romance. I had no idea revenge was sexy on a guy and it’s not just ‘lover left me’ type revenge. What happened to Michael was serious. I shared in my newsletter 30 interview questions I did for the characters!
I’ll post the 30 questions below but here are the links!
Michael was falsely imprisoned by “friends” and is now out for revenge. Prepare for adventure. Expect romance. Count on Revenge.
Betrayal, adventure and revenge consume Michael Hanniel’s thoughts. He transforms himself into a mysterious and wealthy self made billionaire with every intention to insinuate himself back in the lives of his best friend and ex-girlfriend who wrongly imprisoned and murdered his family.
Sophie Mira needs to get away, and fast before her former boss and his goons find her and make her pay for what she’s done. With no viable options stateside, she sets out to visit her cousin at her small, secluded island estate, but her trip doesn’t go as smoothly as she planned.
Just as Michael is about to put his cunning plan of revenge in action, Sophie disrupts his life. However her sweetness also fuels hope once his plans are finished.
Romance and adventure combine that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat until Michael exacts his revenge.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Michael: My greatest achievement so far was starting my financial empire so I can afford to pay back in kind to those who murdered my family.
- Sophie: Holding down a steady job so I can adopt my sisters.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- Michael: Letting my family rest in peace.
- Sophie: Laughing and knowing that my sisters are all happy and everyone is secure.
- What is your current state of mind?
- Michael: My plan is about to commence. I’m extremely detailed oriented to ensure I don’t miss anything.
- Sophie: Exhausted. My job isn’t good. My boss is a bad guy and now I fear talking to the police will somehow hurt my sisters. So I’m scared.
- What is your favorite occupation?
- Michael: Before I started my financial empire, I enjoyed painting. I’ve not picked up a brush in years.
- Sophie: I liked being a student, with no responsibilities. I miss just going to get a burger with my friends in the college cafeteria.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- Michael: Sentiment of any sort can be used against someone. It’s better to not treasure anything.
- Sophie: This locket my mom gave me before the car accident. The picture inside is me and my mom when I was a little girl.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- Michael: I thought at one point it was in love with Mercedes, but she chose to run off and marry my best friend and both of them framed me for crimes I never commited. So the lesson there is never trust a woman with your heart.
- Sophie: My love of boy bands. I don’t care what anyone says. One Direction rocked my world.
- What is your favorite journey?
- Michael: Once I got out of prison and spent some time in Italy. Florence was nice.
- Sophie: Disneyworld. I’d somehow like to afford taking my sisters now. I have no idea how my mom afforded that Disney vacation.
- When and where were you the happiest?
- Michael: I will find peace once everyone who betrayed me and murdered my mother and sister are brought to justice.
- Sophie: I generally like being happy. But for the happiest, lately, it was the day the judge gave me permission to keep my sisters. That was a good day. I promised to hold down a job, but I didn’t know my boss was a criminal. Now I need to find a new job, ASAP.
- What is it that you most dislike?
- Michael: Finding out that most people will lie, cheat and steal from you.
- Sophie: Hmm, I don’t like bad people who do bad things. We should all just be nice to each other.
- What is your greatest fear?
- Michael: That I might die and not avenge my family.
- Sophie: That something might happen to me and my sisters will be split up. I can’t let my mom or my sisters down.
- What is your greatest extravagance?
- Michael: I’ve spoiled myself with the best clothes, the best car, houses across the globe. If I’m to join the rich and entitled people who set out to destroy me then I must become them. And I do enjoy the toys that go along with the game.
- Sophie: My bedsheets. After adopting my sisters, money has been tight. I don’t make a lot. I wear the same clothes, over and over again, but I did splurge on nice sheets to sleep on. The 800 count threads really help me sleep better.
- Which living person do you most despise?
- Michael: Edmond Pierce and Mercedes Diaz.
- Sophie: I probably should hate my boss Daniel Villefort as he’s the reason I have to take my sisters and run because the FBI didn’t protect me like I assumed. I never thought it would be this bad and despise sounds bad. I just wish all of this would go away.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Michael: I’d like to play the piano and be able to somehow compose music that might go along with my life. If my life had a soundtrack, I’d like to hear it.
- Sophie: Talent… hmm… hard question. I’d like the ability to understand some of the questions my sisters bring home from homework and ask me for help with. I thought I was pretty smart but first grade homework humbles me.
- Where would you like to live?
- Michael: In peace. After my quest, I’ll travel to my houses and not constantly dwell on all the people who were hurt because they cared about me. I’ll finally be able to visit their graves and know they have been avenged.
- Sophie: I like Miami, where I grew up. It’s warm, tropical, though I’d like a bigger place, near the beach. Two bedrooms and four women is a tight squeeze.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Michael: My life just when I was about to be happy. I was engaged to a woman I thought I loved. I had a scholarship for my masters. And then my life was taken from me. I was betrayed and sent to prison for a crime I didn’t commit. Then my parents and sister were killed for trying to find me. I’ve lost everything and it’s time for everyone who sent me to hell to now face what I’ve been through.
- Sophie: When my mom died on her way home from the hospital and I didn’t have her anymore. I had to be strong for my sisters but I was so sad.
- What is the quality you most admire in a man or woman?
- Michael: Loyalty. No one is honest; people even lie to themselves. However there are a few people in the world who remain loyal and don’t betray others. It’s the most admirable trait I’ve ever seen in others.
- Sophie: I admire people who are open and loving and kind. Most people are genuinely good if you give them the chance and I admire people who are open despite being hurt in the past. One bad person shouldn’t ruin how we live our life and I admire those who continue to bloom.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- Michael: My soul is dark. I trust no one. I won’t be open again, but my trait that landed me in the lowest depths imaginable was trusting the wrong people. So that is my weakness.
- Sophie: I’m a little shallow or was until I adopted my sisters. Sometimes frivolous makes me laugh and I don’t always take things as serious as others.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Michael: I already told you. Loyalty. And I don’t have friends. Friends are another weakness that can be used against me.
- Sophie: Laughing. When I do see my friends and family, I love when we laugh and have fun with each other in an easy, teasing but funloving way where we don’t judge.
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
- Michael: The Count of Monte Cristo.
- Sophie: Katniss Everdeen was cool. Harry Potter was also so cool. I’m going to go with Katniss from the Hunger Games. She’s clearly smarter than me and I wish I was more like her.
- Which living person do you most admire?
- Michael: The Dali Lama. He is all about forgiveness. I wish I was more like him, though my soul is cursed.
- Sophie: Living huh? I guess my cousins, but lately these days my cousin Rachel. She’s having a baby and she’s all alone. She didn’t tell the father and wants to raise her baby all on her own. I don’t want to think about going through anything like that, so I admire her for facing her biggest fears head on.
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- Michael: Humor or being courteous. Niceness was one of my biggest faults that made me an idiot in my old life.
- Sophie: Hmm… that everything needs to be taken so seriously. Laughing is healthy and makes us relax.
- On what occasions do you lie?
- Michael: When the situation calls for it now. I made my first million mostly from lying that I already had money.
- Sophie: I’d do it to protect my sisters, like when Emily forged my signature on a parent permission slip. I just said yes.
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- Michael: Perhaps hello. I don’t like meeting new people and would prefer to not ever face villains, though it is my fate.
- Sophie: Probably ‘like.’ I’ve been accused of wanting to be a California girl thogh I’m not from Cali. Florida all the way!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Michael: I would change my past and warn myself to not trust Mercedes and Edmond.
- Sophie: Hmm, I’d tell myself to find another job faster and not talk to the FBI when they asked me questions.
- What are your favorite names?
- Michael: I don’t understand the question. I’ll never have children to name anyone. I’m not looking for a woman.
- Sophie: Hmm, I like old fashioned names like Charlotte. I also kind of dig names like Apple. Unique is fun.
- How would you like to die?
- Michael: I’m prepared to die tomorrow as long as I have proven that Edmond killed my parents and sister.
- Sophie: I don’t want to think about this. Death comes when it comes, and hopefully not for another I don’t know hundred years for me. I guess I want to just be old and die in my sleep without ever being sick. Is that okay?
- If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
- Michael: In many ways I died years ago. Unfortunately I reinvented myself, made billions of dollars all with one purpose in mind. Revenge. If I didn’t have enemies, I’d not have purpose. And I’m ready to die again and this time for good as long as I meet my goal.
- Sophie: Hmm I get to come back, well then I hope I’m like an angel where I can help others be better at something, or maybe protect my siblings no matter what.
- What is your motto?
- Michael: Plan for your own funeral and go out in a blaze of glory achieving your goals.
- Sophie: Live, Love and Love some more.
- What is your greatest regret?
- Michael: That my parents were killed looking for me. They were not the fools I was and my naïve trust in love destroyed them.
- Sophie: That I didn’t tell my mom that I loved her more before the car accident.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- Michael: Naivity. I was a fool once and no one should be that trusting.
- Sophie: That anyone would threaten my sisters. It’s not fair that innocent people are targeted and so I’d say those who use and abuse and don’t care for the welfare of others…